Pages

ilookstyle.com

Tuesday 12 April 2011

jag jeans



In 2001 Jag was bought by the Colorado group, an Australian group based out of Brisbane with a 135 year history! The brand has since gone through a lot of changes, for instance, the brand now offers a wider selection of men's and women's apparel and have refreshed their individual style to reflect modern day Australia. Jag's designs women's pants design s have many of the same popular elements of their urban rugged jean coy boy-esque styles. Mostly mid-rise and often five-pocket styles, Jag pants have a care-free feel, quality construction, and a red carpet history that no other brand can claim.
 
I think I've only done one other review and it was denim for Epoch, sadly no longer a brand designing women's jeans. (I own three pairs and I LOVE them!) That review was back in 2006, it's about time we had designer denim back on the Daily Dish!
Jag Jeans In the email sent inquiring about a review on the Daily Dish, one line in particular peaked my interest: "They consider every woman, every size, every shape so that when a woman buys a pair of Jag Jeans, we know they will fit, flatter, and make her feel good. "There is a lot of designer denim out there but only a rare few that can say they flatter women of every size and shape. Retailing for under $ 100 (another plus), Jag Jeans have just enough stretch "to perfect the fit and add comfort." With the crazy life I have, comfort and style must go hand in hand. The company has been around for over 30 years so they have a little experience in fit and fabric. I just had to see what Jag Jeans made so remarkable!
I received a pair of Jag Jeans' Whitney stretch boot-cut jeans and of course had to try them on immediately. (After all, they were jeans and just begging to be worn.) The first thing I noticed was the super cute back pockets. Sorry to say that is the first thing I look for in a pair of jeans, and these did not disappoint! The next thing I noticed was that they were not skin tight Although like many non-trouser styles these days, they still had to cut that flattered my backside. Yes, I checked that thoroughly! I also did the sit-down test, you know, where you sit down, stand up, sit down to make sure the jeans do not ride up or ride down. No indecent exposure with Jag Jeans, that's for sure! I appreciated the high waistband in back (even the waistband has some stretch) but wasn'ta big fan of it in front. I am still a low-waisted girl when it comes to jeans and the Rise on these was about 1 "too high. But then again, it's great for preventing the all to unattractive muffin top!
My pair of Jag Jeans were comfortable and really flattering and I could see how they would be perfect for women of all shapes and sizes. I'm not sure if Jag Jeans come in varying lengths (short, medium, long inseams) but that might be something for them to consider if they do already. The pair I had probably had an inseam of about 33 ", which is an inch too short for my taste. I like my jeans touching the floor and then another 1 / 2 "or so for heel height, and these did not quite cut it.
Jag Jeans has a lot of great styles (I especially love the Ballari, but alas, it has an inseam of only 33 "as well ...), all with enough stretch to make them comfortable and a great cut to make them super stylish. Plus these designer jeans will not break the bank, they're one of the few pairs you'll fall in love with that are under  

No comments:

Post a Comment